5 June 2011

Geiko Kosen, Erikae

Geiko Kosen, Erikae
Kyoto 2011


Another wonderful day in Gion. But you had to be at 2 places at the same time. One was Hojyoe at Tatsumibashi, a ceremony where Maiko Makino and Masaki released some goldfish in the river (I will post some photos later). And the other one was Maiko Kosen's Erikae, the ceremony where she became a Geiko. So I missed the beginning but I could join the crowd later on.

Congratulations to Kosen san for her erikae.

It's quite unusual but her Erikae took place on a Sunday. I felt a bit sorry for her because it was more crowded than usual and many Ochaya were closed. But anyway, she looks stunning as a Geiko and I hope she enjoyed her special day.



Geiko Kosen, portrait
Kyoto 2011

2 comments:

  1. Encontrei você no blog da List e vim fazer uma visita ficarei muito feliz em receber você no meu blog também .Um beijo do Brasil para você que a vida lhe de muitas felicidades,,Evanir

    ReplyDelete