15 January 2011

Maiko Tanewaka at Ebisu Shrine

Maiko Tanewaka, #Ebisu shrine
Kyoto 2011


Among all the new year festivities, Ebisu is one of my favorite. People go to Ebisu Shrine to pray for prosperity and success in business. It's about money so everyone is a bit more excited than usual and the atmosphere is great. I went there also to see Maiko Satomi and Satono from Miyagawacho who were distributing sasa (bamboo leaves) to shop holders for good fortune.


But but but, who did I see at Ebisu Shrine praying (for good fortune?) with a lovely shibori...Tanewaka san. What a great surprise!

She left right after her vows but gave me some time for another lovely portrait. So, good fortune was at least for me.

Then, I keep Satomi, Satono and other unexpected visitors for the next post.



 Maiko Tanewaka, portrait at Ebisu Shrine
 Kyoto 2011



Maiko Tanewaka, portrait at Ebisu Shrine
 Kyoto 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment